Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
简介President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Cultu ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Culture Minister Yoo In-chon on Saturday, the presidential office said.
Shin, a lawmaker of the ruling People Power Party and a former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was nominated by Yoon last month. He replaced Defense Minister Lee Jong-sup who offered to resign amid the main opposition Democratic Party's push to impeach him over his handling of a military investigation into a young Marine's death.
Yoo, special presidential adviser for culture and sports, will replace Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Bo-kyoon.
Yoo had served as the first culture minister for former President Lee Myung-bak from 2008 to 2011.
The two were not confirmed by the National Assembly, but the presidential office said Yoon approved their appointments as the new ministers need time to prepare for the annual parliamentary audit set to kick off Tuesday. (Yonhap)
Hanwha Ocean is leading a government research project on defense and security technology for buildin ...
Marking the first anniversary of the deadly Halloween crowd crush in Itaewon, some bereaved families ...
South Korean stocks opened over 1.4 percent lower Thursday in a broad sell-off on heightened concern ...
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- Seoul shares tumble to 5
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- LG Electronics CEO to present AI vision at CES
- YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
- Cheong Wa Dae to open for winter night stroll event
- Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- South Korea warns tit
- Hillstate Gayang flats in Daejeon to go on sale
- Seoul reviews scenarios for restoring guard posts in DMZ
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- Seoul shares close tad lower ahead of BOK's rate decision
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- [Today’s K