[Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
简介Every Oneus album is a well-made package of music, story, artistry and performance. With its latest ...
Every Oneus album is a well-made package of music, story, artistry and performance. With its latest EP, "La Dolce Vita" released on Tuesday, the group once again takes listeners on an adventure of new wonders.
In "La Dolce Vita," the quintet plunges into the depths of the ocean, like mermaids dancing with loved ones at night.
The Latin pop texture of the album's title song "Baila Conmigo" was the first inspiration to the mermaid story, according to the members Hwan-woong, Lee-do, Seo-ho, Keon-hee and Xion. The five-piece band recently held a joint press interview about the album in Seoul.
"We didn't want it to be obvious. Usually, people relate Latin music to something red and fiery, and we thought of a completely contrasting color -- blue. The mermaid story also popped up then. A last dance with one's lover that one could give up his life for was the perfect epitome of 'La Dolce Vita,'" Keonhee said about "Baila Conmigo," which in English translates to "dance with me."
At the base of "Baila Conmigo" is Hungarian Dance No. 4, upon which Oneus infused a moombahton rhythm, turning it into its own ode of passionate love. The song was produced by in-house composers of the group's label RBW.
"The song was already out when we were working on our previous album. We thought it was a waste if it didn't get the lead, and invested time and effort into developing it," Hwan-woong said, adding the bandmates were deeply involved in the song's making.
Now in their fifth year, the bandmates knew well on what they were good at and what they had to work on. Despite not getting credited, the members dedicated themselves to the production -- not just in creating the music, but the choreography, concept and visuals.
북한이 김정은 북한 국무위원장의 딸 김주애를 ‘조선의 샛별’‘여장군’ 등으로 칭하며 내부적 우상화를 시작했다.자유아시아방송(RFA)은 지난 23일 노동당 조직지도부가 군사정찰위성 ...
Prime Minister Han Duck-soo made an official visit to Denmark as part of his four-nation European tr ...
The space economy is expanding and becoming increasingly global, and South Korea is leaping forward ...
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- Seoul shares close more than 1% higher on extended Israel
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
[Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
[HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- Seoul shares open higher on stock short selling ban
- S. Korean family returns home after fleeing Gaza via Egypt
- CJ debuts K
- Daewoong aims to reshape obesity market with patch
- CJ debuts K
- SK Ecoplant to supply advanced fuel cells to Irish data center
- W10m reward offered for information leading to fugitive on the run for third day
- S. Korea, Thailand to work to resolve entry denial claims
- Breaking silence over drug allegations, G
- Stock market soars as short selling ban takes effect
- [Photo News] INDIAN CINEMA
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- 국힘 누비는 김한길과 그의 사람들..."결 다른데" 친윤은 불편
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- Golf club's 'no Japanese car' policy sparks controversy
- Unique indoor dating spots to warm your winter days
- Rising obesity in S. Korea comes amid doubts over BMI's reliability
- 민주당 이상민 의원, 내주 與 혁신위와 대담…거취 정할지 주목
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
- NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
- Choosing children over career: Fatherhood changing in modern Korea
- OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
- Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- Seoul to push through bill to ban dog meat consumption