Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
简介Kimchi, a traditional Korean dish consisting of fermented vegetables, often cabbage and radish, is u ...
Kimchi, a traditional Korean dish consisting of fermented vegetables, often cabbage and radish, is ubiquitous in Korean cuisine.
This timeless Korean staple is reinterpreted at On 6.5, a contemporary kimchi tapas bar that is making waves in Seoul's dining scene.
Kimchi, traditionally thought of as a side dish, takes center stage at On 6.5, which has redefined the way we eat kimchi with their creative dishes.
Located in the Anguk-dong neighborhood, the year-old bar exudes modern ambiance blended with traditional Korean influences in its interior and the various objects that decorate its dining hall. Upon stepping into the hanok bar, guests will encounter a white moon jar created by artist Park Sung-wook, while the colors of the three main ingredients used in kimchi -- red pepper, green vegetables and white salt -- can be found throughout the restaurant.
Symbolizing the kimchi fermentation process, the walls are painted in gradations of red and the plates and the bowls have "kimchi" written on them, declaring in no uncertain terms that all the eatery's dishes feature kimchi.
김태효 국가안보실 1차장은 북한의 최전방 감시초소(GP) 복원에 대응해 우리 GP도 복원할 계획이라고 27일 밝혔다.김태효 국가안보실 1차장. 연합뉴스김 차장은 이날 KBS 뉴스라 ...
Nearly two million individuals in Korea have formally declined life-extending medical interventions, ...
"Face to Face" (a literal translation of the Korean title)By Choi Eun-miChangbi PublishersIn the aut ...
School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Yoon regards illegal stock short selling serious 'malady': presidential office
- Breaking silence over drug allegations, G
- Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
- Pianist Chung Kyu
- Cold weather arrives after nationwide rain
- 尹대통령 “군장병 확고한 국가관·대적관 안보대세 가져야”
- S. Korea, Thailand to work to resolve entry denial claims
- Central Asia, S. Korea pledge to strengthen youth cooperation
- W10m reward offered for information leading to fugitive on the run for third day
- Mayplace Hotel marks ninth anniversary with room promotions
- LX Holdings CEO promoted to president
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- 선관위, 이준석 유튜브 멤버십 중지 요청…"정치자금법 위반 소지"
- Pianist Sohn Min
- Cold wave hit S. Korea amid forecast of even chillier morning
- Seoul proposes safety measures to prevent poor construction
- Marking 105th anniversary of independence, Poland highlights growing ties with Gyeonggi Province
- Seoul shares open lower after record daily gain
- [KH Explains] Why do Woori, NongHyup hold on to North Korean operations?
- From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo
- 'Justice will prevail': G
- S. Korea goes all
- [Herald Interview] Korea
- [Today’s K
- Celltrion posts record earnings in Q3, buoyed by upbeat biosimilar sales
- Farm online, harvest offline: Virtual farming games attract inflation
- [From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- 김성태 "인요한, 방향 잘 설정해 뚜벅뚜벅 잘 하고 있다"
- Back to square one on return of Goryeo relics from Boston museum
- [Herald Interview] Through memories, Bora Jin pens ode to grandfather and Busan